- http://www.womenwriters.net/domesticgoddess/index.html – “Domesticated Goddesses” A moderated E-journal,devoted to women writers, beginning in the 19th century, who wrote domestic fiction.
- http://fridayreads.com/ – “Friday Reads” FridayReads is a global community of thousands of people who come together each week to share whatever they’re reading. Their goal is simple: to raise reading’s visibility and encourage more people to join in!
- http://www.goodreads.com/ – “Goodreads” Goodreads’ mission is to help people find and share books they love. Goodreads is the largest site for readers and book recommendations in the world. They have more than 7,400,000 members who have added more than 270,000,000 books to their website.
- http://www.lettersofnote.com/ – “Letters Of Note” Letters of Note is an attempt to gather and sort fascinating letters, postcards, telegrams, faxes, and memos. Scans/photos where possible. Fakes will be sneered at. Updated as often as possible; usually each weekday.
- http://www.poets.org/index.php – Their stated mission : To support American poets at all stages of their careers and to foster the appreciation of contemporary poetry.
- http://www.giftsforageek.com/ – “Gifts For A Geek” Offering you T-shirts, shirt, mugs, stickers, posters and more all for intelligent people. These Gifts for a Geek have been hand selected to please the geek in you or the geek you know. Whether you are a computer geek or you know a book geek there is something for that smart and intelligent person you know.
- http://www.abebooks.com/ – AbeBooks is an online marketplace where you can buy new, used, rare and out-of-print books, as well as cheap textbooks.
- http://countrybookshelf.com/ – A local, independent bookstore located in historic downtown Bozeman. Their goal is to promote the love of reading to all. Country Bookshelf hosts regular author events and workshops throughout the year, as well its our own Book Club. They are a Montana institution, a landmark, and the largest independent bookstore in Montana.
- http://www.elliottbaybook.com/ – My favorite bookstore in Seattle, Washington. Located in the heart of Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood business district, The Elliott Bay Book Company is a full service bookstore, home to over 150,000 titles, set on cedar shelves in a multi-level, inviting unique atmosphere. We offer one of the region’s best selection of new books, as well as a large collection of bargain editions. Elliott Bay presents an unparalleled schedule of author readings and events throughout the year.
- http://www.powells.com/ – Powell’s Books (Portland, Oregon) is not only an amazing bookstore, but a destination for all booklovers in the Pacific Northwest. Additionally the have a very easy and successful website with a blog and staff picks.
- http://www.villagebooks.com/ – My favorite bookstore in Bellingham, Washington. Village Books is a community-based, independent bookstore located in the Historic Fairhaven district of Bellingham, Washington. Since 1980 it has been Whatcom County, Washington’s “Community Bookshop for Browsing.”