Definition: Cooking in a water, flour, oil, lemon, salt solution for ingredients that easily discolor such as artichokes, salsify, offal and Veal.
- 2 Quarts, 4 ounces (2 liters)
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) canola oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce (21 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 ounce (10 grams) coarse salt
In this example we are cooking four artichokes or 2 pounds of salsify, offal or Veal.
Combine water, oil, lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and salt. Add ingredient to be cooked. Over high heat bring to a boil. Lower heat slightly. Cook at low boil for 30 minutes. Remove from heat. Allow item to stand in liquid one hour.