Drive Offensively! Car Wars is a game featuring freeways of the future in which the right of way goes to those with the biggest guns. Players choose their vehicle — complete with weapons, armor, power plants, suspension, and even body style — then they take them out on the road, either to come home as “aces” or to crash and burn. If a driver survives, his abilities improve and he can earn money to buy bigger and better cars. Advanced rules let players design their own customized cars, trucks, and cycles.
Playing time 30 minutes and up, for players 10 and older. Any number can play . . . games with 2 to 8 are best.
Game components include:
- 103 full-color die-cut game counters, storage bag, and Turning Key.
- 64-page rulebook, plus extra tables and record sheets.
- 2-sided game map, with autoduel arena and raceway.
- Four 6-sided dice.
- 1981 Charles S. Roberts Best Science-Fiction Board Game Winner
- 1981 Charles S. Roberts Best Science-Fiction Board Game Nominee