Similar to A l’etuve, but a small amount of sugar is added.
- Glacer à blanc: lightly glazed with butter
- Glacer à Brun: sugar allowed to caramelize.
- Cook one vegetable at a time.
- Place vegetables in a saucepan in a single layer. Add water as for A l’etuve, Butter, salt and a pinch of sugar.
- Cut parchment paper to fit pan with a center hole.
- Over high heat bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- Simmer until all liquid has evaporated.
- If vegetables are almost tender remove parchment to allow evaporation.
- For Glacer à Brun allow sugar to cook until it caramelizes on vegetables, turning then a golden brown.